About the Pre-Apprenticeship Opportunities
These are great opportunities for students to get hands-on learning while getting Career Shadow, Extended Application and Service Learning credit – a great way to meet career requirements while experiencing the careers direclty. Opportunities include:
- Culinary Arts
- Theater Tech.
- Blazer Manufacturing
Please encourage your student to come get an application (contact Career Education), if they are interested in this program. The pre-apprenticeship program is 5 days in length and is spread out over 5 weeks, alternating between ODD and EVEN days; so students don’t miss the same classes. Those 5 absences will be excused.
Career Learning (District and State requirements)
Career Info (Oregon CIS)
Corvallis High School now offers a great resource to parents and students to help plan the four years of high school to help students better prepare for the future. The new High School Counts! handbook shows students and parents:
- Courses to take in high school to prepare for college majors or careers
- Community and high school activities that help students to prepare for post-secondary careers and college majors
- Entry level salaries in 22 different career fields
- Resources for obtaining more information on career areas of interest to students
- Sample post-secondary training opportunities and/or majors in careers of interest
- Courses students may take in high school to earn inexpensive college credit in high school, saving money and time in college – Did you know that it is actually possible for a student to enter college as a sophomore by taking advantage of Corvallis High School’s College Now and/or AP program?
Every freshman will receive a hard copy of the High School Counts! handbook to use in high school and post-high school planning. The handbook is also available on-line here.