Family Advocacy & Support
Corvallis School District is dedicated to providing full and equal opportunity for students and families who do not have a permanent home address.
Support is available for you, if you and your family are:
- Living with friends or family due to loss of housing or financial hardship
- Living in a motel, vehicle, campground, or on the street due to lack of alternative adequate accommodations
- Living in an emergency shelter or transitional housing
- Living in housing without electricity, running water, or other basic needs
- At risk of losing housing, or
- A youth living in one of these situations without your parent or guardian
Family advocates are available to help all students and their families get connected with resources within the school and community.
Our program can help with:
- Immediate enrollment in school, even if you are missing documents normally required for enrollment
- Choice between the local school where you are living or the school last attended before becoming homeless, when feasible
- Transportation to and from school and school events
- School breakfast and lunch
- School clothing
- Support navigating community resources, including housing, healthcare, and employment
- After school tutoring
- School-sponsored sports
- Counseling and therapeutic support services
- After-school activities
If you feel that the school is not following the law, you can contact Sarah Devine at (541) 230-4735 for more information about your rights and the dispute resolution process.
Student Voice of Concern
At Corvallis High School, we are committed to creating a safe and culturally responsive virtual and physical space. If you have experienced any racial discrimination or if you have witnessed such an incident and would like to raise your concern, please help us by providing some information about the incident. We would like to assure you that the information provided in this form will remain as confidential as possible and not be used against you.
Please fill out the form at the button below.