Graduation is one of the most important traditions of our school year. Students, family, staff, and friends gather to celebrate the hard work and accomplishments of the graduating class.
Planning for Graduation
All graduates must have a CHS cap and gown and dress appropriately for the graduation ceremony.
- Each fall, students have the opportunity to order cap and gown and graduation announcements from Josten’s the official vendor for our district. Financial assistance scholarships are available through the school office.
- When you receive your cap and gown, take it from the package and hang it up to help release the fold marks and wrinkles. Follow ironing instructions on the package.
- Caps may be decorated. Decorations must be appropriate and no more than six inches high.
- CHS is restocking its Graduation Gown Bank for the class of 2020 and beyond. In the short run, the Bank allows us to offer gowns to graduating students for whom the cost is prohibitive. In the long run, we’d like to have enough gowns to make available to all students, so that families don’t have to spend money needlessly, and to cut down on the number of gowns added to the waste stream. Please consider reusing your student’s gown by saving it for younger siblings, passing it along to friends or neighbors’ children, or donating it to the CHS Gown Bank. Just bring your gown to the CHS office after graduation and we’ll be glad to take it off your hands. Thank you!
Appropriate attire is required. There will be a robe check before you proceed to graduation.
- Men – dress pants/collared shirts/shoes and socks/cap and gown
- Women – dress pants/skirt/blouse/dress/shoes/cap and gown
- Tassels are worn on the right. You may move the tassel to the left (over your heart) after receiving your diploma.
|Friday, October 18||Jostens will pick up order forms at lunch in Forum|
|Friday, October 25||Jostens will pick up order forms at lunch in Forum|
|Friday, November 1||Senior portraits and optional senior Baby Ads due online.|
|Wednesday, November 20||Senior class photo. Go to Advisor first to get meeting time and place.|
|Tuesday, December 10||Senior class meeting in Big Gym at 2:20 pm to verify name information for diplomas, discuss extended applications and college planning, and vote for graduation speaker and class motto.|
|Friday, February 14||Jostens delivers announcements in Forum at lunch|
|Tuesday, March 17||Senior class meeting at 2:20 pm in Theater to cover important graduation information.|
|Friday, May 15||Senior Memory Collages due in Main Office for in-school display.|
|Tuesday, May 19||Senior Class Meeting, 2:20-3:05 pm in Big Gym. Pick up Blue Sheets and permission forms for the Grad Walk on June 7.|
|Wednesday, May 27||Senior potluck from 5:30 - 8 pm in the Cafeteria Commons and Theater. Theater opens at 6:30 pm, Senior Slide Show starts at 7!|
|Thursday, May 28||Senior tiles and BBQ at 2:30 pm in the Cafeteria|
|Monday, June 1||Pick up cap and gown orders in Commons during Advisor|
|Tuesday, June 2||Senior/Department Awards during Advisor in the Big Gym|
|Tuesday, June 2||Senior Community Awards & Scholarships at 7 pm in the Theater|
|Wednesday, June 3||Blue Sheets due in Main Office by 4 pm|
|Thursday, June 4||Senior Memory Collages due in Main Office for display at Graduate All Night Party.|
|Thursday, June 4||Last day of school for seniors! Seniors attend ALL classes.|
|Friday, June 5||Grad walk at 8:30 am. Meet at school bus stop to travel to selected elementary school, and please be prompt! Buses will take seniors from elementary schools to Gill for REQUIRED 10 am graduation practice.|
|Friday, June 5||Graduation: seniors line up by 7 pm. Graduation at Gill at 7:30 pm|
|Friday, June 5||Graduate All Night Party at Dixon, enter at 11 pm to midnight|
Helpful Tips for Graduates
- Arrange to have the day off if you work
- Students will be notified at rehearsal if you have not taken care of returning books and paying fees and fines. Your diploma will be held for un-returned books and outstanding fees and fines. You have until 3 pm to take care of these issues. NO exceptions.
- All-Night Party Tickets will be distributed at rehearsal
Schedule for Friday, June 5 - Graduation Day
|8:30 am||Meet at school bus stop for Grad Walk|
|10 am||Buses to take students from elementary schools to Gill Coliseum for the mandatory Graduation Practice.|
|7 pm||Seniors line up for ceremony at Gill Coliseum|
|7:30 pm||Graduation Ceremony begins|
|11 pm||Graduate All Night Party at Dixon Recreation Center|
Parking and OSU Rules about Balloons and Water Bottles
Family members are asked to arrive early to allow time for parking and seating. Handicap accessible parking is available in designated areas.
- OSU does not allow helium balloons at Gill Coliseum. Any balloons that are released are retrieved and charged to CHS at the cost of $125 EACH.
- Bottled water is allowed at Gill, but it must be unopened. OSU will have security staff checking bags and backpacks upon entry to Gill.
- Parking at Gill is free.
Rules for Saving Seats
- Please respect the reserved seating on the floor for graduates, Valedictorians and Salutatorians, people with physical disabilities, and staff
- Families are welcome to post reserved signs on seats using their own supplies
- Corvallis High School Staff will not monitor these saved seats – you save at your own risk
- Please remain with your saved seats to ensure your seating
Graduate All Night Party
The Corvallis Graduate All Night Party is an annual event put on by the graduating senior parents following high school graduation ceremonies to provide a safe, alcohol and drug-free graduation celebration with many fun activities. Graduate All Night Parties are held across the United States.
The party is open to all seniors who are eligible to participate in graduation ceremonies from Corvallis, Crescent Valley, and College Hill High Schools. Advisors can confirm student eligibility.
The party is held at Dixon Recreation Center at Oregon State University on graduation night from 11 pm to 5:00 am the next morning. Email email@example.com to see if you/your child is on the paid list. Students must arrive and check-in before 12 midnight!
- Tickets may be purchased online at the link below.
- Tickets are distributed at graduation rehearsal.
- Parent volunteers are needed for this event!
- No student may leave the party early unless they are checked out by a parent/guardian in person.