Plan Ahead For Fall Sports is currently being updated with NEW dates.
Stay tuned for Fall 2017 Sports.
FALL SPORTS INFORMATION
The Athletic office will be clearing 2017 fall athletes on Thursday, 8/10 from 8:00am-4:00pm and Friday, 8/11 from 8:00am-4:00pm in the Athletic Office.
Sports physicals will be offered at the Beaver Sports Medicine (1128 NE 2nd St.) on Tuesday, 8/8 from 12:00pm – 3:00pm. Cost for the physical is $25.00. Please make checks made out to CHS Training Room. This will be the only date that physicals will be offered for the school year so if you want to participate in this, please come even if you are only playing a winter or spring sports.
Fall Conditioning Week – August 7th through August 11th
Volleyball Cond. Camp: Aug 7-9th 9:00am-12:00pm L Gym
Football Cond. Camp: Aug 7-11th 6:00pm-8:00pm Spartan Stadium
Girls Soccer Cond. Camp: Aug 7-10th 8:00am-10:30am Spartan Stadium
Boys Soccer Cond. Camp: Aug 7-10th 10:00am-12:00pm Crystal Lake
Cross Country Cond. Camp: Aug 7-11th Times & places varies-Contact Coach
Tryouts/Practices – August 14th – August 18th
Volleyball Tryouts Aug 14-16th 9:00am-12:00pm L Gym
Football practice: Aug 14th 6:00pm-8:00pm Spartan Stadium
B. Soccer Tryouts: Aug 14-22nd 10:00am-12:00pm Crystal Lake
G. Soccer Tryouts: Aug 14-18th 8:00am-10:30am Spartan Stadium
XCountry Practice: Aug 14th Times & places caries-Contact Coach
Not every team has tryouts, some just start practicing
Booster Club BBQ: Mark your calendars for the start of the year BBQ on Thursday, August 24, 2017 starting at 5:30pm at the Spartan Stadium.
Fall Sports Pictures will be Thursday, August 24th before the all sports BBQ. Your coach will have the exact times and places for your pictures.
The Fall Sports dessert will be Monday, November 6th at 6:30pm.
Your Content Goes Here
Your Content Goes Here
Please bring the following with you to be cleared
- Read and sign the code of conduct (with parents), including academic requirements, training rules, and citizenship expectations.
- Health History Form – Everyone needs to fill out the front side of this form, even if you have a physical on file. If you do not have a physical on file from last year, (they are good for two years), you need to get a physical and have the Doctors office fill out the back side of the form.
- Pay the athletic user fee of $150.00/per sport. We take cash, check or credit card. If using a CC, we will need the actual card. We cannot manually enter an account number.
- Carry medical insurance and purchase a student body card at registration.
- We will also check your grades for eligibility (10-12 grades).
The required forms are located on the wall outside the Athletic Office or can be found on the CHS website.
Unexcused absences will not be tolerated. Grades will be checked at each 4 ½ week period to make sure that athletic eligibility is maintained. Involvement in high school sports can improve student grades and leadership skills.
NO REFUNDS ON USER FEES AFTER THE 3RD WEEK OF THE SEASON (BASED ON OSAA START DATE).
***YOU MAY NOT PARTICIPATE IN A SPORT UNTIL YOU ARE CLEARED***
Paperwork for Sports Clearance
- Code Of Conduct
- OSAA Sports Physical Form – English / Sports Physical Form – Spanish (freshman and juniors, and also sophomores/seniors with no physical on file from the previous year should have a full sports physical and complete pages 1 and 2 of this form; all other athletes must complete page 1 of this form)
Sportsware Instruction Form (For Training Room)
For 2nd and/or 3rd sports of the year, no additional paperwork is needed. All you need to do is come to the athletic department and pull your clearance papers from the filing cabinet. We will check your eligibility (grades & credits), take your user fee and make a clearance slip for the new sport.